Things We Love
1. Bre of Scout & Catalogue just launched her beautiful spring 2012 collection. Not only do we adore the gorgeous lookbook shot by our friends Anabela and Geoff from Fieldguided, but we love the printed and hand dyed silk scarves that are new to the collection. Look closely and you'll find skulls, ferns, and butterflies throughout the ink blot illustrations.
2. Argan oil. The ultimate fix to all hair concerns. Olo, a tiny fragrance line based in Portland offers this amazing argan oil hair tonic infused with cedar and rose, It's the perfect solution to taming frizzy ends and giving your hair some shine. A couple drops is all it takes.
3. We are willed by wanderlust, and this leather rucksack by Erin Templeton makes us want to go on an adventure. With reclaimed fur details and a 60s style braid, this bag also has soft straps that make it easy to sling over your shoulders or wear as a backpack.
4. Every Obakki collection impresses, but the spring/summer 2012 collection is especially lovely. Inspired by prisms and abstract design elements, designer Treana Peake created textural looks through origami-esque pleating, custom geometric prints and soft draping. Lightweight fabrics like sheer cashmere, linens and silk slub jersey compliment the feminine, airy styles. And punches of rich saffron and indigo brighten the natural colour palette. Check out Assembly of Origami, the behind-the-scenes video of the editorial shoot for this collection.
5. This notebook set by Antica Cartotecnica, a multi-generation stationary seller based in Rome is made with vintage paper that is over 50 years old. Three lined notebooks come in the set and are bound with rope twine. When we do visit Rome, we will most certainly stop in the shop to admire the antique pens, vintage pencils and stationary dating back to the 40s. But in the meantime they are available online at Vetted.